Tuesday, January 28, 2014

in love with...Lavender

Lavender....one of my all time favorite plants...I love everything about it...the color..the smell and the way it seems to overtake your senses, when viewed growing in fields of southern France. I picked up a few pots yesterday & I knew I had the subject for my next blog.  Living in southern Cali, we get it early...the garden spot almost sold out by early afternoon....lavender pairs so beautifully with my French finds...I use it often through its season. I googled searched lavender and I found Lavandula (common name Lavender) is a genus of 39 species of flowering plants in the mint family, is native to the Old World and is found from Cape Verde, southern Europe across to northern and eastern Africa, the Mediterranean, southwest Asia to southeast India. I remember having lavender jelly in Provence for the first time several years ago, it was delicious & a gorgeous color. I love it in pots, dried & in cuisine...Sharing with you a few of my fave lavender finds...

love the lavender in this vintage urn from dear lillie...
the lavender fields are beautiful & smell heavenly...
the color is intense blues & purples...
Rue 27 Maison
beautiful & fragrant lavender adorns a votive...
al fresco in the fields...
delicious lavender jelly....
lavender cookies...via matochvanner.se
fig & lavender cake via ascensionkitchen


always refreshing lavender lemonade...
lavender fields in Provence...
beautiful urn with lavender...via Mayflower
charming setting...foto via Sheenalu

Cheers until next time....

2 comments:

  1. I love lavender too. That fig and lavender cake has me drooling!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Carla, thank you for stopping by...I agree, that cake looks delicious!

      Delete